Video highlights, New York Encounter, January 18-20, 2013
Friday, January 18, 2013NYE opening remarks by Msgr. Albacete
Saturday, January 19, 2013Chesterton and Freedom
Liberty in Modern and Contemporary Art
Freedom in Politics: the Story of Shahbaz Bhatti
Sunday, January 20, 2013Maria Yudina: the Pianist Who Moved Stalin
Faith, Soul of Life
Desire, Liberty, and Satisfaction John Waters
Pure Afro-Cuban Juice
Video highlights, New York Encounter, January 13-15, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Video highlights, New York Encounter, January 14-17, 2011
Charitable work and the challenge of business: a new path of development in service to the whole person. A presentation by the founders of Los Angeles Habilitation House, Inc., Guido Piccarolo, President/Founder and Nancy Albin Vice-President/Founder. Presented Sunday, January 16, 2011 in the Conference Room at the Manhattan Center.
A discussion on the fundamental questions about work, economy, and finance. This talk took place Saturday, January 15, 2011, in the Hammerstein Ballroom of the Manhattan Center in New York. Speakers:
- Clara Gaymard, VP of Government Strategy and Sales at GE International; President and CEO of GE France
- Carla Hendra, Founding Chairman, Global Strategy & Innovation at Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
- William McGurn, Columnist with the Wall Street Journal
The Xaverian Jazz Band performed live Friday, January 14, 2011, in the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center, as part of the New York Encounter.
Pure NYC Juice from the Big Apple. Hosted by "Blue Lou" Marini, experience New York talent at its best. Poetry, prose readings, and a city sights slide show are interspersed throughout the night. Sit back and prepare to be blown away by the incredible performances of:
- "Blue Lou" Marini on saxaphone
- Blackfire Percussion Drumline (student marching band with creative rap and acrobatic street moves)
- The Ebony Hillbillies (Five African-Americans playing bluegrass that will get you on your feet)
- The Drumadics (more than just drums — pulsating rhythm with loads of energy)
- Up All Night (not your average barbershop quartet — get ready for humor mixed with high intensity)
- Doc Scanlon (amazing Django style jazz trio)
Performed Sunday, January 16, 2011 at 8:30pm in the Hammerstein Ballroom of the Manhattan Center in New York.
A discussion exploring the boundaries of faith and science. Presented at the New York Encounter, Sunday, January 16, 2011, at 5:30pm in the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center in New York. Speakers: Msgr. Lorenzo Albacete, Theologian and Author; Kenneth Miller, Professor of Biology, Brown University; and Charles Townes, Nobel Prize Winner in Physics.
The life and work of the great geneticist and doctor through the eyes of his daughter, Clara Gaymard. Presented at the New York Encounter, Saturday, January 15, 2011, in the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center in New York.
Panel discussion re: "The Religious Sense" by Luigi Giussani. Presented Sunday, January 16, 2011 in the Hammerstein Ballroom at the Manhattan Center in New York. Speakers:
- Fr. Julián Carrón, President of the Fraternity of Communion and Liberation Movement
- H.E. Sean Cardinal O'Malley, Archbishop of Boston
- and moderator, Michael Waldstein, Professor of Theology, Ave Maria University